Cyber Defense Labs is a full life-cycle information security service provider helping companies manage, detect and respond to today’s cyber risks. We provide trusted cyber risk management services to help companies reduce business risk before, during and after a cyber event.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for implementing and overseeing the day-to-day accounting activities and functions of the organization. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing and maintaining internal controls over financial reporting.
- Manage all aspects of the corporate books including the month-end close process and accounting records.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the budget process and departmental allocations.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP and any other necessary reporting frameworks.
- Assist to create and manage reports for monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with all aspects of tax reporting, including Federal, State, Sales, and Rendition.
- Liaise with external auditors for the annual Financial Statement Audit.
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances with client or vendor accounts.
- Work with and manage the activities of the accounts payable and accounts receivable departments.
- Assist with all functions of payroll operations, compliance, and reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting (Public Accounting experience preferred)
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks (Microsoft Dynamics or Oracle NetSuite experience a plus).
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to providing quality, timely work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to think creatively and apply accounting knowledge to dynamic and new situations.
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cyber Defense Labs, LLC
Cyber Defense Labs specializes in helping clients reduce business risk BEFORE, DURING and AFTER a cyber incident. The Company provides end-to-end cybersecurity services.
Company Website: www.cyberdefenselabs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)