- Serve as a strategic trusted advisor across the marketing and communication team and to the leadership of the organization
- Develop and drive B2B public relations efforts that raise the visibility of Cyber Defense Labs, its experts and its capabilities. Those efforts should include proactive pitching of Cyber Defense Labs’ experts, services and storylines, but also robust opportunistic PR when relevant issues emerge.
- Develop public relations strategies focused on key business priorities and execute these strategies to help build the company’s brand in the marketplace
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team as well as others across the organization to target audiences and ensure messaging is consistent and high quality
- Build and strengthen key reporter relationships, respond to inquiries in a timely manner, and stay current on relevant news outlets, reporters and their areas of focus.
- Match media inquiries with internal expertise, directing inquiries to the appropriate executive
- Help prepare executives for media interviews, staff interviews and provide feedback and counsel. Facilitate any needed follow up.
- Produce talking points, message maps, news releases and advisories, media kits, fact sheets, emails and other public relations materials as needed, including Web and video resources
- Plan any media related events, such as news conferences, media briefings, SMTs, or RMTs
- Track results of outreach and prepare reports
- Help keep senior team apprised of newsworthy developments and position Cyber Defense Labs in those conversations as appropriate
- Supervise the social media coordinator, ensuring digital outreach is appropriately branded, on message, high-quality and advances strategic objectives
- Six+ years of experience in public relations and media relations, with a focus on B2B positioning; professional services experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- Excellent judgement; willing to ask questions and think differently
- Excellent writing, copywriting and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for details
- Ability to take initiative, work with a sense of urgency and set priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to supervise and lead others, and work well as part of a team
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Interest in cybersecurity trends, stories and developments
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cyber Defense Labs, LLC
Cyber Defense Labs specializes in helping clients reduce business risk BEFORE, DURING and AFTER a cyber incident. The Company provides end-to-end cybersecurity services.
Company Website: www.cyberdefenselabs.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)